- 1 Toasted French baguette cut to half, drizzled with extra virgin olive oil
- Tomato slices
- Crispy Iceberg Lettuce
- 2 nos Ripe avocados
- ½ cup Red onion, finely chopped
- 1 no Serrano/Jalapeno Chili, seedless, finely chopped
- 2 tbps Coriander leaf, chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh lime or lemon juice
- ½ tsp Fine sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 nos Chicken breast, skinless
- 1 tsp Paprika powder
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Oil for grilling, fine sea salt and crushed black pepper to taste
- Cut the avocado into halves, then scoop out the flesh and place in a bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the avocado with lemon or lime juice to ensure it does not turn brown due to oxidization.
- Add all the items, mix well, cover with a lid and keep in a chiller.
- Marinate the chicken breast with paprika and seasoning.
- Then sauté in a non stick pan or grill until cooked.
- Then chop it coarsely using a knife, mix it with extra virgin olive oil and adjust the seasoning if required.
- Drizzle the bread with extra virgin olive oil, and then toast it in the oven just to warm it up.
- Then arrange iceberg lettuce and tomatoes.
- Spread the chicken salad then top it with spicy mashed avocado.
Chef Kasdi has today made for us another simple but healthy snack you can make for your children or loved ones. Make sure that the baguette is nice and crispy and serve the sandwich as soon as it has been assembled. This will ensure that the bread does not become soggy. Don’t forget your honey mustard or your favorite spread!