Dear Readers, it gives me great pleasure to have guest chef Andrew Brown (Executive Chef at the Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya, Thailand) contribute his first recipe, Sautéed grain fed beef fillet with creamed potato cubes and a beetroot glaze.
Recipe serves 4
- 220g x4 Grain fed beef fillet
- 220g Potatoes – diced
- 400ml Chicken stock
- 400ml Cream
- 10g Parsley – chopped
- 60g Snow peas – cut into small strips
- 40g Bean sprouts
- 500ml Beef jus
- 20ml Red wine
- 50g Beef trimmings
- 30g Carrots – roughly chopped
- 30g Onion – roughly chopped
- 30g Celery – roughly chopped
- 5g Garlic – crushed
- 30g Tomatoes – roughly chopped
- 20g Beetroot trimmings
- 1 sprig Thyme
- 5ml Sesame oil
- 5g Ginger – finely chopped
- 20gr Beetroot – blanched and finely diced
- Sauté the beef fillets until they reach your desired length of cooking, place them to one side and allow them to rest.
- Simmer the diced potatoes in the chicken stock until they are almost cooked and place to one side.
- Pour the cream in a sauce pan and simmer slowly until it reaches a coating consistency.
- Brown the beef trimmings in a heavy bottomed sauce pot, then add the celery, onions, carrots and garlic stirring at all times until wilted and golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for just a minute before adding the red wine, beetroot trimmings and the thyme.
- Simmer until the liquid has reduced & almost evaporated, add the beef jus until it is the desired consistency, strain and place to one side.
- Mix together the cream, potatoes and parsley and spoon into the centre of your desired presentation plate.
- Place the rested beef on top of the potatoes.
- Quickly sauté the bean sprouts and snow peas in the sesame oil and place on top of the beef.
- Mix the reserved sauce with the diced beetroot & ginger then spoon the mixture around the potatoes.
We would like to offer our sincere thanks to Chef Andrew Brown who is currently the Executive Chef at the Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort, Pattaya, for this wonderful recipe and great picture.