- 1 head Romaine Lettuce
- 200 gm Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Flat parsley, chopped
- 1 can Anchovies fillet
- 4 cloves Roasted garlic, chopped
- Tblsp Fresh lime or lemon juice
- ½ tsp Fine sea salt
- a dash of fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 nos Chicken breast, skinless
- 1 tsp Paprika powder
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Oil for grilling, fine sea salt and crushed black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 3 leaves Basil
- 5 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Fine sea salt and crushed black pepper to taste
- 100 gm parmesan cheese (preferably Grano Padano) finely grated
- In a bowl, mix the coarsely chopped anchovies, garlic, mayonnaise and parsley then mix well.
- Add the lemon juice, and then adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Marinate the chicken breast with paprika and seasoning.
- Then grill on a non stick pan or griller until cooked.
- Slice to your desired size.
- In a small blender, grind all the ingredients coarsely.
- Sliced French bread, thinly, and then spread the basil-garlic oil on the bread.
- Put in the oven preheated for 1 minute at 180’C or until it crispy.
- In a pre heated non stick pan, sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese, until it covers all of the pan surface, let it melt, let it brown, then turn in over,
- Let it cool on the grease proof paper, once it gets cool, it becomes crispy.
- Cut the romaine lettuce coarsely, then mix with the dressing, mix it well, adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Then arrange all the grilled chicken, parmesan crackling and croutons on top.
- Garnish with a sprig of chervil and or sage.
Always mix the salad at the very last minute before serving to avoid the lettuce getting “cooked” by the dressing and going limp or soggy. Chef Kasdi has garnished his salad with herb and garlic coutons and sprigs of fresh chervil…fantastic!