- 250 gm Flour, low gluten/soft flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 60 gm Soft butter
- 350 ml Milk
- 3 eggs
- 150 gm Cheddar cheese, grated
- 180 ml Clarified butter or corn oil
- Paprika powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a muffin mould, add 1 tablespoon of clarified butter to each mould, place in an oven, pre-heat the mould until its very hot (similar process to making Yorkshire puddings)
- In a bowl, sieve the flour and baking powder, then add in the eggs, butter & mix well, gradually add in the milk until the mixture becomes similar to pancake mixture but more firm.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Take out the pre heated muffin mould with clarified butter & pour the batter in the mould, top with grated cheddar cheese and paprika powder.
- Baked in the over until the muffins are golden brown.
- The muffins can be served as afternoon tea item or as an accompaniment for a main meal.
These savory cheddar cheese biscuits really are a delight and Chef Kasdi has introduced us to something very different to enjoy during a very old tradition….afternoon tea!