- 1370 g Banana, ripe
- 600 g Brown sugar
- 300 g Sugar
- 275 g Corn oil
- 11 Eggs, whole
- 1 tbsp Black pepper corn crushed
- 675 g Soft flour or cake flour
- 50 g Baking powder
- 375 g Fresh cream
- A pinch of salt
- Raspberry compote:
- 500 g Raspberry puree
- 200 g Fresh raspberry
- 140 g Sugar
- 250 ml Water
- 25 g Corn flour or trique powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat an oven.
- In a cake mixer, beat the sugar and eggs until all the sugar is dissolved and then add in the bananas.
- Beat until all the banana is mixed with the egg mixture, and then add the corn oil and fresh cream.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder and slowly add the flour mixture in to the batter.
- Pour in a baking mould and bake at 180’C for 45mins
- For raspberry compote, slowly simmer all the items until the mixture turns thick.
Chef Kasdi has served chunks of this deliciously moist bread with the raspberry compote after the bread has been lightly dusted with icing sugar….absolutely divine with a freshly brewed cup of coffee or tea.