- 1200 g Low gluten flour or soft flour
- 600 g Butter
- 600 g Sugar
- 3 nos Eggs
- 150 ml Cold milk
- 1.1 kg apples (about 6 large), peeled, cored, and sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 8 cups sliced and about 900 grams sliced)
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup (55 grams) light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon (15 grams) cornstarch (corn flour)
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy, slowly add the cold milk, eggs and flour.
- Beat just until all the ingredients are mixed well, do not over beat.
- Let it rest for at least 30 minutes before rolling.
For the filling
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter and add in sugar and apple.
- Stir the sugar and apple mixture well and let it start to cook
- Then add all other ingredients and simmer u8ntil they are cooked, soft and shiny
- Let the mixture cool before we assembling the pie.
Chef Kasdi has served his apple pie with a light vanilla pod sauce and chocolate ice cream, however you can serve it with whatever flavor of sauce & ice cream you and your loved ones desire.