Shallow fried Chicken Picatta
- 2 pieces Chicken breast – skinless
- 60 gm Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbps Parsley, chopped
- 2 nos Whole egg
- Flour for dusting
- Salt and freshly crack black pepper
- In the bowl crack the egg, beat until its mixed well, then add the parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Flatten the chicken breast, using the back of a heavy knife, rolling pin or meat tenderizer.
- Season the chicken with salt and freshly crushed black pepper, then dust it with flour, dip in the parmesan cheese and egg mixture, then shallow fry with oil and butter until its golden brown.
Mesclun Salad with pine nut-berry dressing
- 150 gm Mesclun salad or mixed salad
- 200 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 50 ml Sherry vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 60 gm Pine nuts, roasted
- Any kind of berries – such as blueberries or cranberries
- In a bowl, add in the Dijon mustard
- Using a whisk, slowly pour in the olive oil while stirring until emulsified.
- Then add the roasted pine nuts, berries, vinegar and adjust the seasoning.
- Just before serving, mix the salad leaves for presentation and serve.
Simple Tartar Sauce
- 150 gm Mayonnaise, preferably Heinz or Lady’s Choice
- 3 nos Gherkins and a little brine liquid from the gherkin bottle
- ¼pc Lemon
- Chop the gherkins, then add in the mayonnaise, adjust the seasoning with salt and black pepper.
- Then squeeze lemon juice, keep chilled and serve.