- 1 to 2 kg Chicken with bone and skinless, stew cut
- 300 gm Plum tomato whole, in can
- 1 tbps Parsley, chopped
- 2 tbps Basil, sliced
- 5 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 nos White onion or Holland onion, chopped
- 3 pcs Bay leaf
- 300 gm Tri color capsicum or bell pepper, cut coarsely
- 150 ml Chicken stock or water
- Flour for dusting
- Olive oil for cooking
- Salt and freshly crack black pepper
- In a bowl, season the chicken with salt, black pepper and paprika powder, dust with flour.
- Pre heat a pan with olive oil, sear the chicken until all its surface is brown.
- Then remove the chicken, deglaze the pan with chicken stock and water & place the deglazing liquid aside.
- Then add the olive oil & sauté the chopped garlic and onion until fragrant, add in the capsicum & sauté for a few minutes before adding the chicken, deglazing liquid and tomato.
- Add all the herbs and seasoning, cover the pan, let it braise for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
Simple Garlic Bread
- 1 no French loaf
- 250 gm Butter, unsalted
- 2 tbsp Lea & Perrins Sauce
- 10 cloves Garlic, chopped
- Parmesan Cheese – optional
- In a bowl, add in the soft butter, garlic, salt, freshly cracked black pepper, L&P Sauce & mix well.
- Spread over the French loaf, sprinkle with parmesan, then bake in an oven until golden brown.