Black Cod fillet, portioned to 140grams each, skin on
Ginger flower marinate:
- ½ cup Grape seed oil or any neutral flavor oil
- 1 tbsp Thai Chili Sauce or Shiracha Chili Sauce
- 2 clove Garlic, chopped
- 3 stem Ginger flower or torch ginger flower
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaf, chopped
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl; pour over the cod fillet as a marinade, let it rest for at least 4 hours in a chiller, cover with cling wrap.
- Pre heat the oven at 180°C; arrange the Cod on a tray, roast about 20-25 minutes. After about 10 minutes cover the fish with aluminum foil to avoid the fish burning, then continue baking until its cooked but still moist.
Hot and Sour Noodles:
- 1 pkt Fresh or dry egg noodle, blanch in hot water
- 1 no Cake tofu or bean curd
- 3 tbsp Light soya sauce
- 1½ tsp Sesame oil
- ¼ cup Bamboo shoot, julienne
- 6 cup Chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Black rice vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Thai Fish Sauce
- ¼ cup Shitake mushroom, slice
- 1 egg Beaten
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Chili paste-or sambal paste
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup water
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- In a sauce pan bring the chicken stock to a boil. When it is boiling, add the bamboo shoots and mushrooms. Add the tofu bringing it back to a boil.
- Stir in the salt, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and sesame oil.
- Taste test the broth and adjust the taste if desired. (If using chicken broth, you may want to add a bit more rice vinegar for flavoring).
- Mix the cornstarch and water. Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the soup, stirring while it is being added. Let the broth come back to a boil. As soon as it is boiling, remove the broth from the stove.
- Slowly drop in the beaten egg, stirring in one direction at the same time. Add the green onion and the white pepper to taste. Drizzle with chilli oil if desired.
- Serve hot.
- Place the blanched noodles in the centre of the plate, pour over the hot & sour sauce, then place the cod on top of the noodles.
- Garnish with julienne of green onions/spring onions and red chilli.
Chef Kasdi has outdone himself with this dish tonight, I feel very proud to be associated with him when he creates dishes like this….great job chef!