What you’ll need:
- 2 parts button mushroom
- 1 part shitake mushroom
- ½ part abalone or oyster mushroom
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
Cut or slice the mushrooms to your desired size and shape.
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 150 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Salt and Black pepper to taste
- Preheat sauté pan, once the pan is smoking hot, add the oil, garlic and mushrooms all at the same time. We do this due to the fact that all mushrooms contain high water content, it is very important that the temperature is hot to sear the mushrooms & avoid the liquid from leaking out.
- Sauté until the entire mushrooms are cooked.
- Remove them from the pan & into a bowl, then mix them with extra virgin olive oil, freshly chopped thyme, lemon juice and season to taste.
Chef Kasdi has outdone himself today and made some simple and fantastic mushrooms which you can eat as a lovely salad. They are healthy, tasty, incredibly good for you and most important of all, they couldn’t be any more simple to make!