- 2 fillets of sea bass or red snapper
- 6 slices of smoked beef bacon
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- Salt and Black pepper
- Olive oil and butter
- Season the sea bass with the cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper on both sides
- Wrap the fillets with the smoked beef bacon, removing any fat
- Preheat a sauté pan on a medium heat, add the olive oil and butter.
- Lay the fish fillet in the pan, turn it over gently once the beef bacon has turned brown, then finish cooking in the oven.
- Serve with herb butter sauce or just with lemon and batons of fresh garden vegetable.
Our very own Executive Chef Bob from our Kanpei Restaurant and Bar has come up with this simple and delightful dish. He has garnished his fillets with batons of fresh vegetables.
To cook vegetables like a professional chef, please check out simple points to cooking vegetables in the cooking techniques section.
You can also exchange the beef bacon with another kind of bacon if you desire to do so.