Black Cod fillet, portion to 140gm each, skin on
- ½ cup Kikoman soya sauce
- 2 tbsp Honey or maple syrup
- 30 gm Ginger, crushed
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a cooking pot over a low heat, let it simmer until it is reduced by half and then let it chill.
- With a pastry brush, glaze the cod fillet on the fish side (NOT the skin side) with the soya marinate.
- Sauté in a non-stick pan, skin side down first, then once the skin is crispy, finish cooking it in the oven.
- Keep on brushing the cod with the soya glaze during the cooking process.
- Serve with asparagus puree and asparagus tips.
Chef Kasdi has seared & pan-fried his cod to perfection and topped it off with deep-fried shredded carrots. To make the asparagus puree a little different he has sprinkled some of the tips arbitrarily around the outside of the presentation receptacle.