- 1 bird Chicken – whole
- Butcher string- optional
- Rosemary-lemon marinade:
- ½ cup Lemon juice
- 1 no Lemon slice
- ½ no Lemon zest
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 2 sprig Fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 3 cloves Fresh garlic
- Freshly crushed black pepper and salt to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients in a pestle & mortar or bowl.
- Grind & mix well, pour the marinade on top of the chicken, rub it all over the whole chicken inside and outside.
- Pre heat an oven at 400°F, place the chicken on a baking tray and in the oven.
- Roast the chicken about 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on the weight of the chicken.
Keeping this dish in our normal simple style, Chef Kasdi has served his roasted chicken with fried waffle potatoes and assorted roasted vegetables.
When roasting chickens, we have attached below cooking times depending on the weight on the bird to make it as easy as possible for you to follow:
Below are the basic guide lines of roasting chicken;
- 1.5 – 2 lbs 400° F. 45 min. – 1 hour
- 2 – 2.5lbs 400° F. 1 – 1.25hours
- 2.5- 3 lbs 375° F. 1.25- 1.75hours
- 3 – 4 lbs 375° F. 1.75- 2.25hours