- 1pc Whole chicken cut into 8 pieces
- A Lemon
- 3 Tablespoon Cajun Spices
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 80ml Cooking oil for fry
- An Egg
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 200ml Chicken Stock
- 100ml Brown stock
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Flour for dusting
- Cut & clean the chicken and mix with the Cajun spices, salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon juice and the lemon skin.
- Marinade over night in a fridge.
- The next day, take out the chicken from the fridge.
- Heat the cooking oil.
- Crack the egg and mix well, dip the chicken into the egg then dust with flour.
- Slowly drop the chicken into the hot oil, fry until golden brown on sides or until its cooked.
- Make sure that the oil is not too hot.
- Take out the cooked chicken and fry the sliced onions in the same cooking oil.
- Fry until golden brown and add around 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Cook the flour until golden brown and pour in both the stocks and stir.
- Let it simmer until the sauce is thick.
- Pour on top of the chicken.
- Best served with Mashed Potato and crispy fried onion rings.
Chef Bob has made some very easy soul comfort food for you to enjoy, however when deep frying there are some very important points to take note of. Please ensure that when you are frying anything in hot oil you are very careful to ensure you fry in a safe environment. The oil should be hot and clean, if not the food will absorb too much oil making it an unhealthy dish. If the oil is too hot, the chicken will brown too quickly on the outside and still be raw in the middle. After the chicken is taken out of the oil it should be placed directly on to a thick paper kitchen towel to absorb any unwanted oil.