- 100gm Puff pastry- thawed
- 500gm Strawberry- sliced
- 500ml Fresh cream
- 100gm Icing sugar
- 1-2 drop Vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of Redcurrant jelly
- 1ltr Milk
- 375 Custard powder
- 200ml Fresh cream
- Pre-heat an oven to 200°C.
- Roll out the pastry to thin rectangles (2-3cm) and cut into 3 even sections.
- Place rectangles onto a baking sheet and prick all over with a fork. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Cool on a wire rack.
- Whip the cream until its stiff and stir through the sugar and vanilla drops.
- Bring the milk, custard powder and cream to a simmer and not to a boil! After its come to a simmer, let it cool then mix both cream and custard together.
- Place the pastry slices and spread the custard cream on top & in turn arrange the strawberries on top of the cream.
- Lay another slice of the pastry on top and repeat the process as per the first slice.
- Place the 3rd slice on top. Place the redcurrant jelly and 2 tablespoons of water in a small pan, heat gently until the jelly becomes a liquid.
- Brush on top of the pastry slice and arrange the balance of strawberries on top.
- Brush the strawberries with the remaining jelly.
Chef Bob our Executive Chef of E&O Restaurants has created a lovely classic here for us to enjoy with a cup of afternoon tea. The strawberries can be changed to blueberries for a different twist if that is preferred.