Recipe provided by Arvin Ayson, Sous Chef, City Seasons Suites Dubai
Ingredients: For the stuffed chicken
- 1 Boneless chicken breast- skin on
- 2 tbsp Teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Grated ginger
- 2pcs Whole eggs
- Spring onion
Ingredients: For the rice
- 1 cup Uncooked rice
- 1 tbsp Dashi
- ¼ cup Matsutake mushrooms, wiped and trimmed
- 1/ cup Aburaage (deep-fried tofu)
- 1 tbsp Teriyaki sauce
Ingredients: For yasai itame
- ½ cup Bean sprouts, washed and cleaned,
- ½ cup Chinese cabbage
- 1 pc Shiitake mushroom
- 1 stalk Celery
- 1 head Red onion
- 1 pc medium Green bell pepper
- ¼ cup Carrots, julienne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prick the chicken with a fork.
- Mix together some teriyaki sauce, ginger and sugar in a bowl.
- Marinate the chicken in the mixture and keep in refrigerator for 15 minutes, meanwhile prepare tamago.
- Beat the eggs with the last of the teriyaki sauce, sugar and spring onion.
- Fry in a skillet like omelette. Set aside to cool down.
- Then stuff the tamago inside the marinated chicken in a jelly roll fashion. Secure with toothpicks.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan. Fry the skin side of the chicken on a medium heat until the skin is browned.
- Roll the chicken over to fry the other side on low heat.
- Pour the sauce used to marinate chicken in the pan. Cover the pan and steam cook the chicken on low heat until done.
- Remove the lid and simmer until the sauce becomes thick. Turn off the heat.
- Place the rice in a bowl and wash it with cold water. Repeat washing until the water becomes clear.
- Drain the rice in a colander. Place the rice and dashi in a rice cooker and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Shred the matsutake mushroom lengthwise and cut abura-age into thin strips.
- Add the matsutake, abura-age, teriyaki sauce, in the rice cooker and start cooking the rice.
- Heat the wok over a high flame. Add a little vegetable oil and begin to wok fry the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the stuffed chicken breast and placed over the yasai itame. Serve with hot matsutake rice and some dipping sauces.
It is my pleasure today to introduce Guest Chef Arvin Ayson from The City Season Suites Dubai . He has prepared this wonderful and very simple dish for us to enjoy and the dish is a great addition to the recipes on our blog. All of us at Chefs Tales would like to thank him for his contribution and hope that all of our readers enjoy the pictures, recipe and easy to follow method.
Thanks Chef Arvin and Happy Cooking everyone!
About City Seasons
Currently operating four hotels in Dubai, Al Ain and Abu Dhabi, City Seasons Group offers convenient city-centre locations, perfect for business and leisure. Reflecting a fine blend of Arabian heritage and modern comfort, all hotels offer meeting and leisure facilities plus a selection of restaurants. City Seasons Muscat will open late 2010 with 380 rooms.
For further information please contact:
PR & Marketing Communications
PO Box 117067
Mobile: +971 50 455 4347