Grain Mustard Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup Lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium Shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp Minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon Grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60-90gram Grilled rare – sashimi grade Tuna
- 6pcs Quail egg, peeled
- 10pcs Small new baby potatoes –(scrubbed and quartered)
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces Green beans- trimmed and each bean halved crosswise
- 1/4 cup Niçoise olives
- 2 Tbsp Capers- rinsed and/or several anchovies (optional)
- Marinade the tuna steaks in a little olive oil and crushed garlic (optional) for an hour.
- Heat a large skillet on a medium high heat, or place on a hot grill then sear the tuna steaks for 30 seconds until all its surface has turned brown.
- Whisk the lemon juice, oil, shallot, thyme and mustard in medium bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Bring the potatoes and 4 quarts of cold water to a steady boil in a large pot the add 1 tablespoon salt and cook until potatoes are tender, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a medium bowl with a slotted spoon (do not discard boiling water). Toss the warm potatoes with 1/4 cup vinaigrette and set aside.
- Return the water to a boil, add 1 tablespoon salt and the green beans.
- Cook until tender and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the beans and transfer to reserved ice water allowing it to stand until its cool which will take about 30 seconds.
- Dry the beans well and toss the beans, potato, quail egg with 5 tablespoons vinaigrette and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange in a mound at the edge of the bed of lettuce.
- Slice the tuna, arrange on top of the salad and drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette, serve immediately.
Chef Kasdi has made us a salad here that can be served in a smaller portion as an appetizer of a larger portion as a main course. It is healthy, trendy and very easy to make right in your own home.
Chef Kasdi has been busy lately and we have not seen him for a while, but I am glad to say that he is back