- 1 packet Spring roll skin
- 3 tbsp Corn flour, dilute with cold water
- Oil for frying, any kind of neutral low cholesterol oil
- Lay the spring roll skins on top of a working table or clean chopping board.
- Ensure that it is thoroughly dry.
- Brush it lightly with corn flour and water mixture; roll it into a cigarette shape, then cut slits about and 1 inch or about 2 cm in length.
- Please continue the same method until all the spring roll skins are finished, then in the hot oil, deep fry them all until they are golden brown.
- Remove the roll and place on a tissue paper to remove and soak up all the excess oil. While it is still hot, coat it with the honey and oat crumb mixture.
Honey and Oat Crumbs:
- 150 gm Oatmeal
- 100 gm Ground almond
- 5 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- Pinch of salt & pepper
In a food processer, mix all the ingredients, and grind it well.
Chef Kasdi could not have come up with a lovelier and really simple dish that ANYONE and I mean ANYONE can make at home. Try this great idea for a tasty snack with a good morning coffee or afternoon tea break.