- 2pcs Eggs
- 200gm Button Mushrooms
- 50gm Mixed Salad
- 1 Slice Wholemeal Bread
- 20ml Olive Oil
- 30gm Butter
- 2liter Water
- 20ml White Vinegar
- 5gm Salt
- 5gm Pepper
- In a pot, bring sufficient water to a steady boil and add the vinegar.
- Crack the eggs one by one and slowly add one of them to the boiling water, let the egg simmer for 2-3 minutes. Then using a slotted spoon, take out the cooked egg and continue the process until all the eggs are poached.
- In another pan, heat the oil and sauté the sliced mushrooms with the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper.
- Take the bread and drizzle with olive oil then grill or toast inside an oven for 4-5 minutes.
- Place the bread on a plate followed by the mixed salad and sautéed mushrooms, take 2 eggs and place them on top.
- In a small pan reheat the butter than pour on top of the poached eggs.
Chef Bob our Kanpei Restaurant Executive Chef has made a lovely dish here that will blow your guests or your family away on a Sunday morning. These simple as heck poached eggs will be just a breath of fresh air for breakfast or for afternoon tea with a cup of your favorite tea or coffee.
When poaching the eggs it is important that you add them one by one to ensure the water temperature does not go down too much by adding too many eggs all at once. Make sure the boiling water is a slow boil as when the water boils harshly there is a chance that the egg yolks will break or overcook.