- 500gm Beef slice with bone (wash and clean)
- 2 tablespoon Dried coconut
- 2 cups Coconut cream
- 2 tablespoon Brown sugar
- 2 pc Dried tamarind
- 300ml Cooking oil
- ½ tablespoon Salt
- 2 cm Cinnamon stick
- 3 pc Cloves
- 2 pc Star anise
- 3 pc Cardamom seeds
- 300gm Dried chili paste
- 1 tablespoon Beef curry powder
- 2 tablespoon Curry powder
- 7 pc Red onions
- 1 pc Big onion
- 3 pc Garlic
- 3 cm Ginger
- 2 cm Galangal
- In a pot, heat the oil and fry all the spices (cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and star anise) until fragrant.
- Pour in the blended items and fry until fragrant and cooked.
- Add the beef and fry together adding in a little cold water after 10 minutes.
- When you see oil coming to the surface add the dried coconut, coconut cream, brown sugar and continue to fry until it’s mixed well.
- Let it simmer and add the dried tamarind letting it simmer until the beef is nice and tender
- When the sauce becomes thick it’s ready to serve.
Chef Bob has made a dish here that is so easy to make it’s not even funny. This dish cooks on its own and is great served with any kind of rice or crispy bread. Well done yet again chef to help us cook great and simple food at home.